Friday 30 January 2009

The Fragmented Orchestra


I visited the FACT (cinema and gallery space) today with my Music and Contemporary Thought class. This is an exhibition called The Fragmented Orchestra, which I'll be writing an essay on in a few weeks. It's a really interesting project, using live web audio from 24 different locations around the UK which is then run through a sound program, whose structure is based on synapse activity, directing how and when the speakers (neurons) 'fire'. I would definately recommend anyone who's near Liverpool to go see it. I think it's fascinating even if you aren't a fan of sound art.

---------
Listening to: I have the Fragmented Orchestra running from the website, but I suppose there is no sound at the moment because everyone is at home away from microphones.

0 comments:

Post a Comment